This is a 45-minute class for children ages 2.5-3.5 who are ready to participate in a class without the help of a parent or caregiver. Our toddler class focuses on ballet as well as dancing to more upbeat music. This class does not require tap shoes. Students enjoy music and movement in an age-appropriate way as they twirl, jump and leap their way through the studio!
Tips For Success and Things to Remember
1) Arrive 5 minutes early so the dancers can get their dance shoes on and can say hello to their friends in the lobby. When dancers arrive late it can disrupt the flow of the class and distract attention away from the teacher.
2) Practice quiet voices and calm bodies from the moment you walk in the front door. It’s easier to maintain a calm and focused energy in class when students are already calm and focused walking into class.
3) Dancers should wait until they are invited into class by their teacher before entering the room. This helps teach respect for the teacher and their space.
4) Dress for success! Always come prepared with appropriate dance wear and shoes. Hair should be pulled back away from the face. Don’t forget to bring water for water break!
5) Lastly, we must also remember that these children are still little! They will make mistakes, fall out of line, and should not be expected to behave “perfectly” in class. We are gently guiding them as they learn how to behave as students. While it’s important that they practice their dancing, it’s just as important that they learn to follow direction from a teacher, how to wait their turn, and how to line up for an activity. Celebrate their victories and help us encourage a positive relationship with dance that will last a lifetime! We are thrilled to have you in our Protégé family!